What is RochesterCares?
RochesterCares is an emerging affiliate of the national Hands On Network, an organization that strives to build bridges between volunteers and agencies, and ultimately between people and community.
RochesterCares represents a new type of volunteer organization that goes far beyond the traditional volunteer clearinghouse. RochesterCares is designed to help individuals give back to the community, but in a flexible way that accomodates their busy lives, their skills, and their interests. RochesterCares accomplishes this by developing engaging projects with our community service partners, publishing these projects in a monthly calendar, and recruiting and leading volunteers during the project.
We create opportunities to make a difference in our community.
We will inspire and challenge everyone to be engaged in improving our community through volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Build on partnerships between agencies and the community.
- Expand services to community agencies at no cost.
- Heighten public awareness of actions in our community.
- Give all citizens access to meaningful volunteer projects.
- Create opportunities for people to lead with hands-on service.
- Empower a new generation of civic leaders with creative solutions to social problems.